Friday, January 5, 2018

Last Gasp: Cheat Sheet


I created a couple of cheat sheets to help with Last Gasp. After looking at the system a lot recently, I think it is a lot less difficult than it appears at first blush because the critical information is spread over so many pages. These cheat sheets I hope make it easier.

I hope this is helpful for anyone else.

What Is The Last Gasp?

Someone asked this, and maybe I made a big assumption that everyone knows what this is or can easily find the information, so let me clarify. The Last Gasp is an article in Pyramid #3/44 that basically consists of two sets of optional mechanics that can either work individually, or combined for a synergistic effect. The Long Term Fatigue system is meant to make FP expenditure and recovery more painful, and is helpful for people that think it's weird that a PC can work herself to the brink of physical harm, but be absolutely at 100% with a 100 minute break. The second system, Short Term Fatigue creates a deeper action economy in combat so that players can't run 10 miles/hour every turn, swinging 5 lbs swords non-stop until all the enemies are dead, and makes both sides need to either take things slow or occasionally pause for breathers.

2 comments:

  1. This couldn't have been more fortuitous for me. I'd actually just started doing something similar for a game I'm planning and these mean I don't need to! So thanks for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...